Leona's offers a wide variety of chile ristras and wreaths. Chiles are traditionally hung outside of the house in an area protected from the weather and then picked and crushed or ground as necessary to provide a spice until the next crop is harvested. Now, however, chiles are often used only for decoration. In this case, they are treated for longer life and are not edible. Leona’s offers both edible and non-edible chile ristras and wreaths.
- Piquin Chile -- a small, bright red chile about one to two inches long.
- Large Chile -- four to six inches long and much larger and darker than piquin chiles.
- Ristras -- a string of chiles designed to hang away from a wall.
- Wreath -- a circular or heart shape arrangement of chiles.
- Decorative -- some ristras and wreaths have additional decorations of corn husks, dried or artificial flowers, garlic cloves, and seeds mixed in with the chiles.